With the president expected to tackle gun regulation early in his second term, lawmakers are using their plus ones to the annual address to promote their positions
The former congresswoman launches into her new role as an activist by urging her former colleagues to do all they can to curb gun violence
The rogues gallery also includes Sean Connery, Hallmark, and the American Academy of Pediatrics
Chicago teen Hadiya Pendleton is gunned down a week after performing at President Obama's inauguration, instantly becoming part of the debate over gun laws
Some argue it's a moving tribute. Others say it's a strange, empty spectacle
Gabby Giffords calls for stricter gun laws, while her husband breaks the news of yet another mass shooting mid-testimony
A Chicago-area high school believes exposing its students to the sound of gunfire will make them more prepared for a potential shooting
Hadiya Pendleton, all of 15 years old, was gunned down at a park in Chicago
Outrage erupts on liberal sites, but the video tells a different story
Only a clear articulation of the law will let gun-rights advocates stop worrying about intrusive regulations
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, her Democratic colleagues, and a group of mayors and police officers want to beat the odds, and the NRA
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week