With the president expected to tackle gun regulation early in his second term, lawmakers are using their plus ones to the annual address to promote their positions
The former congresswoman launches into her new role as an activist by urging her former colleagues to do all they can to curb gun violence
The rogues gallery also includes Sean Connery, Hallmark, and the American Academy of Pediatrics
Chicago teen Hadiya Pendleton is gunned down a week after performing at President Obama's inauguration, instantly becoming part of the debate over gun laws
Some argue it's a moving tribute. Others say it's a strange, empty spectacle
Gabby Giffords calls for stricter gun laws, while her husband breaks the news of yet another mass shooting mid-testimony
A Chicago-area high school believes exposing its students to the sound of gunfire will make them more prepared for a potential shooting
Hadiya Pendleton, all of 15 years old, was gunned down at a park in Chicago
Outrage erupts on liberal sites, but the video tells a different story
Only a clear articulation of the law will let gun-rights advocates stop worrying about intrusive regulations
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, her Democratic colleagues, and a group of mayors and police officers want to beat the odds, and the NRA
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week