opinion briefs on this topic
Across the country, gun-control advocates and opponents are making no secret of their often-passionate opinions
Claims that the massacre was a hoax have gone viral
Violent video games and movies contribute to violent behavior. It's time the entertainment world stopped pretending otherwise
The gun-rights group slams the president for balking at putting armed guards in schools while his daughters receive personal protection. Over the line?
A former U.S. attorney general joins a group of angry Republicans who really, really don't want the president to beef up gun laws through executive fiat
Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed into law the first major gun-control measure since Newtown, and he hopes other states will follow suit
Potential presidential contenders are moving quickly to establish their gun-control bona fides
The White House will reportedly consider 19 recommendations for unilateral action
Despite the NRA's fierce opposition to gun control, Obama has an opening
From FDR to Obama, liberals tend to achieve their policy goals when they find a way to co-opt big business
Universal background checks and a ban on high-capacity magazines are on the table
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week