Overly broad federal dictates would render local opinion increasingly impotent
For starters, a little humility
The GOP hero fought the NRA, and won. It's time for more Republicans to follow his example
What journalistic rationale could compel a reporter to interview young children at a mass-murder scene?
Nothing good can come from acting in the heat of the moment
By using guns as a scapegoat, Bob Costas wrongly absolves the NFL of the need to examine the dangerous effects of its violent game
The longtime sports commentator gets political during NBC's halftime show, riling up handgun fans
In the wake of the Aurora theater shootings, it's best to stick to the facts in the debate about gun control: Namely that restricting guns doesn't stop violence
Gun lobbyists say Obama will dismantle the right to bear arms if he's re-elected, failing to note that the past four years have been great for their industry
A law enforcement program that gave assault rifles to suspected gunrunners went horribly wrong — and there's pressure for someone to take the fall
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week