Rusty is hardly the first caged animal to make a break for it
If the whales' small hole freezes over, they will drown
Japanese researchers pursue the mythical creature 2,000 feet under the sea
The rodent's barbed quills give researchers some unlikely inspiration
Lady Gaga, Stephen Colbert, and President Obama are just a few of the names lucky enough to receive the biology world's highest compliment
Along the Tarn River in France, freshwater fish have adopted a hunting technique more typically used by killer whales
Next month Brazilian biologists will attempt to genetically reproduce eight at-risk species in a lab
Scientists rediscover an astoundingly leggy bug they once believed to be extinct
The full name of this terrifying predator translates literally to "Eye of Sauron" in Greek
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week