Rusty is hardly the first caged animal to make a break for it
If the whales' small hole freezes over, they will drown
Japanese researchers pursue the mythical creature 2,000 feet under the sea
The rodent's barbed quills give researchers some unlikely inspiration
Lady Gaga, Stephen Colbert, and President Obama are just a few of the names lucky enough to receive the biology world's highest compliment
Along the Tarn River in France, freshwater fish have adopted a hunting technique more typically used by killer whales
Next month Brazilian biologists will attempt to genetically reproduce eight at-risk species in a lab
Scientists rediscover an astoundingly leggy bug they once believed to be extinct
The full name of this terrifying predator translates literally to "Eye of Sauron" in Greek
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week