Rusty is hardly the first caged animal to make a break for it
If the whales' small hole freezes over, they will drown
Japanese researchers pursue the mythical creature 2,000 feet under the sea
The rodent's barbed quills give researchers some unlikely inspiration
Lady Gaga, Stephen Colbert, and President Obama are just a few of the names lucky enough to receive the biology world's highest compliment
Along the Tarn River in France, freshwater fish have adopted a hunting technique more typically used by killer whales
Next month Brazilian biologists will attempt to genetically reproduce eight at-risk species in a lab
Scientists rediscover an astoundingly leggy bug they once believed to be extinct
The full name of this terrifying predator translates literally to "Eye of Sauron" in Greek
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Why we gossip, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week