opinion briefs on this topic
Scientists play detective after 20 "perfectly intact skeletons" of ancient sea mammals are found thousands of feet away from the Pacific Ocean
Officials say the endangered birds must mate with females to pass on their genes. But what about love?
"It's as if they have some sort of in-built GPS system," says an awed researcher
An exotic-animal owner frees dozens of lions, tigers, and bears to terrorize Zanesville, Ohio, then shoots himself. Officials respond, controversially, by killing the animals
A paleontologist insists that a massive, octopus-like creature once terrorized the ocean — and turned the bones of its prey into a self-portrait
The lovable, errant bird nursed back to health in New Zealand goes missing just days after being released to return to his Antarctic home
We still haven't discovered most of the life on Earth, and we're killing it off before we can find it, scientists warn
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
Subscribe to the Week