Scientists play detective after 20 "perfectly intact skeletons" of ancient sea mammals are found thousands of feet away from the Pacific Ocean
Officials say the endangered birds must mate with females to pass on their genes. But what about love?
"It's as if they have some sort of in-built GPS system," says an awed researcher
An exotic-animal owner frees dozens of lions, tigers, and bears to terrorize Zanesville, Ohio, then shoots himself. Officials respond, controversially, by killing the animals
A paleontologist insists that a massive, octopus-like creature once terrorized the ocean — and turned the bones of its prey into a self-portrait
The lovable, errant bird nursed back to health in New Zealand goes missing just days after being released to return to his Antarctic home
We still haven't discovered most of the life on Earth, and we're killing it off before we can find it, scientists warn
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week