Polar bears are making epic journeys in search of increasingly rare ice floes — and the littlest cubs aren't surviving the swim
If "Jaws" kept you out of the water, you might not want to know about the oceanic beast that could rip a car in half
On a recent expedition, scientists discovered 300 strange, beautiful, previously undocumented creatures
Scientists discover 41 new mammals, 69 amphibians, and hundreds of heretofore-unknown plants on this "jewel" of an African island
Scientists hope a new computer translation system will allow divers to make sense of dolphin sounds — and even talk back
The Journal of Animal Ethics says people will start treating their "companion animals" better when they stop talking down to them
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
Subscribe to the Week