Polar bears are making epic journeys in search of increasingly rare ice floes — and the littlest cubs aren't surviving the swim
If "Jaws" kept you out of the water, you might not want to know about the oceanic beast that could rip a car in half
On a recent expedition, scientists discovered 300 strange, beautiful, previously undocumented creatures
Scientists discover 41 new mammals, 69 amphibians, and hundreds of heretofore-unknown plants on this "jewel" of an African island
Scientists hope a new computer translation system will allow divers to make sense of dolphin sounds — and even talk back
The Journal of Animal Ethics says people will start treating their "companion animals" better when they stop talking down to them
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- A brief history of the Guy Fawkes mask
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
Subscribe to the Week