A new report says that the price of the game-changing slab will drastically undercut the iPad, fueling sales — but at what cost to Microsoft?
A long-forgotten webmail service gets a Windows 8-style facelift, and tech junkies hail its beauty, simplicity, and focus on privacy
Word, PowerPoint, and Excel are all getting a touchscreen-friendly facelift, and eager PC users can try them out now for free
The software giant just wrote off $6.2 billion from its Bing-anchored online unit, wiping out the venerable company's entire quarterly profit
The tech titan introduces Windows Phone 8, featuring a next-level start screen, Nokia maps, and a renewed focus on mobile payments
A clever detachable keyboard transforms the new Windows 8 tablet into a portable workstation that could relegate ultrabooks to the history books, says Gizmodo
The venerable tech giant leaps into the hardware business with a dynamic line of Windows 8 touchscreen slabs. Should Apple be afraid?
So.cl — pronounced "social" — is being touted as a new "experiment in open search." But where does it fit within an already crowded space?
Watch out, Google: Microsoft's search engine just unveiled a flashy new makeover that's making some tech bloggers swoon
Nokia's impressive Lumia 900 will sell for half the asking price of the iPhone 4S — and Microsoft hopes the discount will convince buyers to ditch Apple
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Why is Obama still smoking?
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
Subscribe to the Week