A new report says that the price of the game-changing slab will drastically undercut the iPad, fueling sales — but at what cost to Microsoft?
A long-forgotten webmail service gets a Windows 8-style facelift, and tech junkies hail its beauty, simplicity, and focus on privacy
Word, PowerPoint, and Excel are all getting a touchscreen-friendly facelift, and eager PC users can try them out now for free
The software giant just wrote off $6.2 billion from its Bing-anchored online unit, wiping out the venerable company's entire quarterly profit
The tech titan introduces Windows Phone 8, featuring a next-level start screen, Nokia maps, and a renewed focus on mobile payments
A clever detachable keyboard transforms the new Windows 8 tablet into a portable workstation that could relegate ultrabooks to the history books, says Gizmodo
The venerable tech giant leaps into the hardware business with a dynamic line of Windows 8 touchscreen slabs. Should Apple be afraid?
So.cl — pronounced "social" — is being touted as a new "experiment in open search." But where does it fit within an already crowded space?
Watch out, Google: Microsoft's search engine just unveiled a flashy new makeover that's making some tech bloggers swoon
Nokia's impressive Lumia 900 will sell for half the asking price of the iPhone 4S — and Microsoft hopes the discount will convince buyers to ditch Apple
- Surviving a plane crash
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- Everything you need to master Chinese cooking
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- When men who abstain from pre-marital sex get married
- The greatest sniper duel in history is a myth
Subscribe to the Week