opinion briefs on this topic
Microsoft's sleek new operating system boasts a simplified, tablet-like interface that leaves competitors "in the relative dust"
The Microsoft CEO disappoints many tech junkies with his lackluster swan song at the Consumer Electronics Show
After years of dreadful sales, the failed iPod competitor joins other doomed tech toys in the digital junkyard
Microsoft has already spent billions to take on the Google search juggernaut, and it's not giving up. Here's what you need to know
In a bold, unexpected move, the computing giant buys the internet calling pioneer for an eye-popping figure
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week