opinion briefs on this topic
The next-generation space robot bears a striking resemblance to a medieval torture device
Jan Sheuermann can't move her arms or legs. She can, however, feed herself
Watch the most realistic humanoid machine in action
The Milli-Motein promises a future in which your bike could turn itself into a snowboard
DARPA wants its next generation of machines to run, jump, and climb like ninjas, but they're not quite there yet
A machine originally designed for the Army is being repackaged as a tough-as-nails, risk-taking firefighter
Robots come in all shapes and sizes, thanks in no small part to the influence of Mother Nature
Researchers have discovered a way to steer living, breathing bugs using a cheap circuit they can glue onto the pests' backs
DARPA's cat-like robot set a new benchmark when it topped out at 28.3 miles per hour — then promptly faceplanted
An artist designs a machine to help the lonely through their last moments — raising questions about the need for human intimacy in an increasingly technological world
Scientists borrow a technique from bacteria to teach a group of robots to dance in unison, and even join back in when they get knocked out of step
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- 10 things you need to know today: December 4, 2013
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Why so many Americans are missing out on the stock market boom
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Do Republicans need a Plan B on ObamaCare?
Subscribe to the Week