Japan pumps contaminated water from the tsunami-damaged Fukushima nuclear plant right into the Pacific Ocean. An instant guide
A dog stranded at sea after Japan's catastrophic tsunami is reunited with its owner, after she sees a TV report on her pet's dramatic rescue
Nuclear fuel apparently melts through the bottom of a container at one of the Fukushima reactors, heightening fears of a major meltdown
Two emergency workers at Japan's battered nuclear plant have suffered radiation burns. What else might happen to the crews fighting to prevent a post-tsunami meltdown?
Japanese officials set off warning bells in Tokyo by reporting that the city's tap water could imperil infants. And that's not the only contamination risk sparked by the nuclear crisis
The author of "The Blind Side" wrote an uncannily prescient article on the devastation an earthquake could do to Japan, and the world economy
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week