Japan pumps contaminated water from the tsunami-damaged Fukushima nuclear plant right into the Pacific Ocean. An instant guide
A dog stranded at sea after Japan's catastrophic tsunami is reunited with its owner, after she sees a TV report on her pet's dramatic rescue
Nuclear fuel apparently melts through the bottom of a container at one of the Fukushima reactors, heightening fears of a major meltdown
Two emergency workers at Japan's battered nuclear plant have suffered radiation burns. What else might happen to the crews fighting to prevent a post-tsunami meltdown?
Japanese officials set off warning bells in Tokyo by reporting that the city's tap water could imperil infants. And that's not the only contamination risk sparked by the nuclear crisis
The author of "The Blind Side" wrote an uncannily prescient article on the devastation an earthquake could do to Japan, and the world economy
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week