opinion briefs on this topic
Japan pumps contaminated water from the tsunami-damaged Fukushima nuclear plant right into the Pacific Ocean. An instant guide
A dog stranded at sea after Japan's catastrophic tsunami is reunited with its owner, after she sees a TV report on her pet's dramatic rescue
Nuclear fuel apparently melts through the bottom of a container at one of the Fukushima reactors, heightening fears of a major meltdown
Two emergency workers at Japan's battered nuclear plant have suffered radiation burns. What else might happen to the crews fighting to prevent a post-tsunami meltdown?
Japanese officials set off warning bells in Tokyo by reporting that the city's tap water could imperil infants. And that's not the only contamination risk sparked by the nuclear crisis
The author of "The Blind Side" wrote an uncannily prescient article on the devastation an earthquake could do to Japan, and the world economy
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week