opinion briefs on this topic
Surprisingly, bluefin tuna have carried radiation from Japan's Fukushima nuclear meltdown to U.S. waters. Here's how it happened, and how it affects sushi
Pockets of extremely high radiation levels are now being reported at the damaged nuclear palnt. Will Fukushima ever be safe again?
A group of more than 250 retirees wants to replace the younger workers cleaning up the toxic Fukushima nuclear plant. Should Japan green light this "suicide corps"?
Power company Tepco announces that three out of six reactors almost certainly suffered serious meltdowns after the deadly earthquake and tsunami
As anxious evacuees wonder when they can go home again, power company executives announce a timetable to resolve Japan's worst nuclear disaster ever
In new footage of last month's catastrophe, frantic citizens have mere seconds to escape from a deadly wall of water
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week