opinion briefs on this topic
If the GOP firebrand can agree to light up in support of freedom, marijuana proponents argue, what are Democrats waiting for?
Amazingly, recreational marijuana is now perfectly legal in two states. But it's still illegal according to the feds
It's likely that at least one state will legalize marijuana for recreational use on Tuesday. Would either candidate allow that?
A four-decade-long study finds that people who start using marijuana before age 18 have lower IQ scores later in life
Prosecutors charge that an Ohio teen kept his lucrative business hidden for three years, until his reputation as a source of righteous weed caught up to him
A British company says that two compounds found in marijuana leaves could treat patients whose weight puts them at high risk for heart disease and stroke
In 2008, President Obama promised to give the medical marijuana world breathing room. Now he's bringing down the hammer. What gives?
Teenagers are getting high in record numbers. And everything from hippie parents to the prevalence of dispensaries could be at fault
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week