opinion briefs on this topic
If the GOP firebrand can agree to light up in support of freedom, marijuana proponents argue, what are Democrats waiting for?
Amazingly, recreational marijuana is now perfectly legal in two states. But it's still illegal according to the feds
It's likely that at least one state will legalize marijuana for recreational use on Tuesday. Would either candidate allow that?
A four-decade-long study finds that people who start using marijuana before age 18 have lower IQ scores later in life
Prosecutors charge that an Ohio teen kept his lucrative business hidden for three years, until his reputation as a source of righteous weed caught up to him
A British company says that two compounds found in marijuana leaves could treat patients whose weight puts them at high risk for heart disease and stroke
In 2008, President Obama promised to give the medical marijuana world breathing room. Now he's bringing down the hammer. What gives?
Teenagers are getting high in record numbers. And everything from hippie parents to the prevalence of dispensaries could be at fault
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week