opinion briefs on this topic
Libya's interim leader declares that the new Libya will be based on sharia law — and critics of the war are quick to say, "I told you so"
There was no one like him and, hopefully, there will never be another like him again
Much of the world hails Moammar Gadhafi's death as a triumph for the West. But the war that toppled him remains misguided and illegal
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week