opinion briefs on this topic
Libya's interim leader declares that the new Libya will be based on sharia law — and critics of the war are quick to say, "I told you so"
There was no one like him and, hopefully, there will never be another like him again
Much of the world hails Moammar Gadhafi's death as a triumph for the West. But the war that toppled him remains misguided and illegal
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week