opinion briefs on this topic
When the rebels seized control of Moammar Gadhafi's Tripoli compound, they found no shortage of bizarre and disturbing artifacts
The harrowing tale of 35 journalists held at gunpoint for five days inside Libya's Rixos Hotel — as related by one of them, a CNN newsman
A controversial defector suspected of remaining loyal to Moammar Gadhafi is killed under mysterious circumstances. Will this split the opposition in two?
The U.S. declares that opposition leaders are Libya's legitimate rulers — though it may take more than that to convince Moammar Gadhafi
A Russian diplomat says the Libyan leader might turn his missile stockpile on his own capital before letting rebels overtake it
Neocons and liberal interventionists accuse the more restrained among us of fostering America's decline. But nothing could be further from the truth
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week