Across the nation, a record 168 officials faced recall votes this year
Whenever America votes, one side always goes home disappointed. This time, however, some voters are going to extremes to vent their frustration
The New York Times stats wizard was spot-on in his election forecasts, defying his many critics. And all the thanks he got was Twitter immortality
A majority of Puerto Ricans vote in favor of full statehood. But don't start designing a new U.S. flag quite yet
One surefire way to lose an election bid? Make offensive, inaccurate comments about rape and abortion
So much money spent for so little change in Washington
The Tea Party-backed senator-elect came from nowhere to trounce veteran Democrat Bob Kerrey
The former DNC chairman beats back the GOP candidate most famous for coining the unfortunate term "macaca"
Tea Party-backed Richard Mourdock incited a media firestorm with his comments about rape and pregnancy. Those remarks also seem to have cost him a Senate seat
The strange story of one particularly dedicated Michigan voter
The U.S. Senate has a brand-new progressive hero
Republican Linda McMahon is now a two-time loser, after yet another Dem thumps the former wrestling exec
The independent former governor secures an easy win in the race to replace retiring Republican Olympia Snowe
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week