Across the nation, a record 168 officials faced recall votes this year
Whenever America votes, one side always goes home disappointed. This time, however, some voters are going to extremes to vent their frustration
The New York Times stats wizard was spot-on in his election forecasts, defying his many critics. And all the thanks he got was Twitter immortality
A majority of Puerto Ricans vote in favor of full statehood. But don't start designing a new U.S. flag quite yet
One surefire way to lose an election bid? Make offensive, inaccurate comments about rape and abortion
So much money spent for so little change in Washington
The Tea Party-backed senator-elect came from nowhere to trounce veteran Democrat Bob Kerrey
The former DNC chairman beats back the GOP candidate most famous for coining the unfortunate term "macaca"
Tea Party-backed Richard Mourdock incited a media firestorm with his comments about rape and pregnancy. Those remarks also seem to have cost him a Senate seat
The strange story of one particularly dedicated Michigan voter
The U.S. Senate has a brand-new progressive hero
Republican Linda McMahon is now a two-time loser, after yet another Dem thumps the former wrestling exec
The independent former governor secures an easy win in the race to replace retiring Republican Olympia Snowe
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week