opinion briefs on this topic
Everybody's focused on the presidential election, but what about the House and the Senate? A quick guide to the congressional scenarios
A new poll shows the Republican candidate behind by double digits, potentially putting a safely red seat in Democratic hands
Next Tuesday, gay marriage, abortion, and gay marriage will be on ballots in some states. In others, condoms, the Grand Canyon, and the right to fish will be on the line
Liberal super PAC American Bridge releases a video aligning Mitt Romney with the Republican Indiana Senate candidate whose abortion views are fueling outrage
The Indiana Republican says that pregnancy from rape is "something that God intended to happen"
Rival activists are squaring off on everything from gay rights to the death penalty
Has the nation's mommy porn obsession officially gone too far?
Can The Office's Dwight Schrute convince America that Election Day should become a federal holiday... or happen on the weekend?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
Subscribe to the Week