opinion briefs on this topic
While a Democratic Maine state Senate candidate is facing ridicule for her online life as a trash-talking assassin orc, the state GOP is taking flak for making it an issue
First, Rep. West hammered Democrat Patrick Murphy for his 2003 arrest after a bar brawl. Now, Murphy fires back by cataloging West's alleged war crimes
The Florida Tea Party hero contrasts his 2003 military service with what his opponent was doing at the time — getting arrested after a drunken nightclub brawl. Ouch
A reporter who followed the Texas governor's failed bid for the White House dishes the unheard story behind the "oops" moment that sealed Perry's doom
In a key Senate race, the Democrat stumbles badly when asked about Mitt Romney's grumbling over Americans who pay no income taxes
For months, the GOP seemed to have better than even odds at seizing the Senate. Not anymore. What went wrong?
Liberals see abortion as a winning issue going into the convention, but critics warn that a heavy-handed focus on women's rights could backfire
Political gaffes — both real and manufactured — are popping up every few minutes in 2012. And if you're sick of all the gotcha stories, you're not alone
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- The secrets of happy families
- Battle in a blizzard
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week