opinion briefs on this topic
While a Democratic Maine state Senate candidate is facing ridicule for her online life as a trash-talking assassin orc, the state GOP is taking flak for making it an issue
First, Rep. West hammered Democrat Patrick Murphy for his 2003 arrest after a bar brawl. Now, Murphy fires back by cataloging West's alleged war crimes
The Florida Tea Party hero contrasts his 2003 military service with what his opponent was doing at the time — getting arrested after a drunken nightclub brawl. Ouch
A reporter who followed the Texas governor's failed bid for the White House dishes the unheard story behind the "oops" moment that sealed Perry's doom
In a key Senate race, the Democrat stumbles badly when asked about Mitt Romney's grumbling over Americans who pay no income taxes
For months, the GOP seemed to have better than even odds at seizing the Senate. Not anymore. What went wrong?
Liberals see abortion as a winning issue going into the convention, but critics warn that a heavy-handed focus on women's rights could backfire
Political gaffes — both real and manufactured — are popping up every few minutes in 2012. And if you're sick of all the gotcha stories, you're not alone
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- How to flirt, according to science
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- This Japanese toilet should make Americans very worried
Subscribe to the Week