A look at why Texas Republicans are sending a political newbie — and not a lieutenant governor backed by the GOP establishment — to vie for a U.S. Senate seat
Against the odds, a grassroots-backed dark horse is storming into the lead against his mainstream rival in Texas' GOP Senate race
The Republican war on barely-existent voter fraud threatens to disenfranchise countless American citizens
Some GOP candidates complain that rivals are invading their privacy by shooting video of their luxury homes and posting it online to turn voters against them
It's been 24 years since the Keystone State picked a GOP presidential candidate, but a move to bar voters who lack a driver's license could help Mitt reverse that trend
The GOP casts Tuesday's race as a referendum on Obama, but may struggle to overcome sympathy for Giffords and the ex-aide running to replace her
Wisconsin's Republican governor gets to keep his job, delivering a big blow to organized labor. Still, Democrats may have won a big consolation prize
Real-time, unfiltered commentary from around the world
Californians are testing a new primary system, hoping the switch from party-based primaries will benefit more moderate politicians
After heavy lobbying from increasingly nervous Democrats, the Big Dog is lending his campaigning heft to the effort to recall union-busting Gov. Scott Walker
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week