opinion briefs on this topic
A look at why Texas Republicans are sending a political newbie — and not a lieutenant governor backed by the GOP establishment — to vie for a U.S. Senate seat
Against the odds, a grassroots-backed dark horse is storming into the lead against his mainstream rival in Texas' GOP Senate race
The Republican war on barely-existent voter fraud threatens to disenfranchise countless American citizens
Some GOP candidates complain that rivals are invading their privacy by shooting video of their luxury homes and posting it online to turn voters against them
It's been 24 years since the Keystone State picked a GOP presidential candidate, but a move to bar voters who lack a driver's license could help Mitt reverse that trend
The GOP casts Tuesday's race as a referendum on Obama, but may struggle to overcome sympathy for Giffords and the ex-aide running to replace her
Wisconsin's Republican governor gets to keep his job, delivering a big blow to organized labor. Still, Democrats may have won a big consolation prize
Real-time, unfiltered commentary from around the world
Californians are testing a new primary system, hoping the switch from party-based primaries will benefit more moderate politicians
After heavy lobbying from increasingly nervous Democrats, the Big Dog is lending his campaigning heft to the effort to recall union-busting Gov. Scott Walker
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
Subscribe to the Week