opinion briefs on this topic
Indiana's 35-year incumbent senator was defeated by a Tea Party-backed candidate in Tuesday's GOP primary, and that could spell big trouble for Republicans
Can a new group make an end run around the divisive political primaries and establishment parties to tip the scales in November?
One of the last moderate Republicans in Washington is stepping aside, endangering her party's plan to retake control of the Senate
Newt Gingrich says that asking debate audiences to hold their applause is an assault on free speech — and vows that he'll protest such rules
Predictions on how the 2012 election will shake out — dealing victories and blows to Democrats and the GOP alike
The high court throws a wrench into Texas politics — and the justices' decision could well determine which party controls the 113th Congress
Many Americans are fed up with our gridlocked politics and sputtering economy. But there's still plenty to be grateful for
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week