Indiana's 35-year incumbent senator was defeated by a Tea Party-backed candidate in Tuesday's GOP primary, and that could spell big trouble for Republicans
Can a new group make an end run around the divisive political primaries and establishment parties to tip the scales in November?
One of the last moderate Republicans in Washington is stepping aside, endangering her party's plan to retake control of the Senate
Newt Gingrich says that asking debate audiences to hold their applause is an assault on free speech — and vows that he'll protest such rules
Predictions on how the 2012 election will shake out — dealing victories and blows to Democrats and the GOP alike
The high court throws a wrench into Texas politics — and the justices' decision could well determine which party controls the 113th Congress
Many Americans are fed up with our gridlocked politics and sputtering economy. But there's still plenty to be grateful for
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week