opinion briefs on this topic
Indiana's 35-year incumbent senator was defeated by a Tea Party-backed candidate in Tuesday's GOP primary, and that could spell big trouble for Republicans
Can a new group make an end run around the divisive political primaries and establishment parties to tip the scales in November?
One of the last moderate Republicans in Washington is stepping aside, endangering her party's plan to retake control of the Senate
Newt Gingrich says that asking debate audiences to hold their applause is an assault on free speech — and vows that he'll protest such rules
Predictions on how the 2012 election will shake out — dealing victories and blows to Democrats and the GOP alike
The high court throws a wrench into Texas politics — and the justices' decision could well determine which party controls the 113th Congress
Many Americans are fed up with our gridlocked politics and sputtering economy. But there's still plenty to be grateful for
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?
Subscribe to the Week