opinion briefs on this topic
These enthusiastic cats, dogs, and squirrels weren't content to remain on the sidelines
The South African Olympic runner with prosthetic legs was arrested at his home in Pretoria, but the situation is murky
Parental fear threatens to deprive many young people of the lessons of organized athletics — lessons they cannot learn anywhere else
Deadspin drops a bombshell with a story saying the Notre Dame football star's lost love never existed
The Associated Press reports that the disgraced cycling champ has admitted to doping. If it's true, why now?
Had Craig Biggio cheated, voters would have spurned him. By not cheating, he failed to stand out
Designated hitters don't ruin America's pastime — they make it more fun to watch
The 38-year-old knuckle-baller just won the Cy Young award. He's unlikely to repeat that feat
The diminutive genius breaks the record for the most goals scored in a calendar year — and is being talked up (again) as the sport's ultimate hero
In a mind-boggling trade, the Royals shortsightedly cough up cheap young talent in exchange for a couple of aging arms
It's as hard as ever for small-market teams to compete with the big-spending Bronx Bombers
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week