Baseball's highest-paid player just endured an epically miserable playoff run. But don't expect him to join a new team anytime soon
The former Tour de France champ loses his lucrative contract with the world's biggest sportswear company following damning doping allegations
On Saturday, Ohio State University's marching band stunned the crowd with a nine-minute homage to video games — the latest in a string of pop-culture extravaganzas
The Detroit slugger is the first Major League Baseball player in 45 years to lead the league in batting average, home runs, and RBIs. Is he one of the all-time greats?
In a controversial decision, the U.S. Tennis Association sends Taylor Townsend, its brightest (if not most svelte) young star to the sidelines — and the fallout isn't pretty
Fresh off convincing Olympic wins over Djokovic and Federer, the "great hope for British tennis" may have his best shot ever at a major tournament victory
The Wall Street Journal reports that Nike is about to unveil its most expensive pair of shoes ever — drawing protests from a major civil-rights group
The home of the most widely watched tournament in golf admits its first two female members, potentially putting complaints of sexism to rest
In a Texas bowling alley, says Michael J. Mooney, Bill Fong came so close to perfection that it nearly killed him
"Linsanity" is going to the Houston Rockets, and his ardent fans in the Big Apple are howling in protest
Rick Paulas spotlights a few of the 974 ballplayers whose Big League glory lasted just a few hours
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
Subscribe to the Week