Baseball's highest-paid player just endured an epically miserable playoff run. But don't expect him to join a new team anytime soon
The former Tour de France champ loses his lucrative contract with the world's biggest sportswear company following damning doping allegations
On Saturday, Ohio State University's marching band stunned the crowd with a nine-minute homage to video games — the latest in a string of pop-culture extravaganzas
The Detroit slugger is the first Major League Baseball player in 45 years to lead the league in batting average, home runs, and RBIs. Is he one of the all-time greats?
In a controversial decision, the U.S. Tennis Association sends Taylor Townsend, its brightest (if not most svelte) young star to the sidelines — and the fallout isn't pretty
Fresh off convincing Olympic wins over Djokovic and Federer, the "great hope for British tennis" may have his best shot ever at a major tournament victory
The Wall Street Journal reports that Nike is about to unveil its most expensive pair of shoes ever — drawing protests from a major civil-rights group
The home of the most widely watched tournament in golf admits its first two female members, potentially putting complaints of sexism to rest
In a Texas bowling alley, says Michael J. Mooney, Bill Fong came so close to perfection that it nearly killed him
"Linsanity" is going to the Houston Rockets, and his ardent fans in the Big Apple are howling in protest
Rick Paulas spotlights a few of the 974 ballplayers whose Big League glory lasted just a few hours
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week