Baseball's highest-paid player just endured an epically miserable playoff run. But don't expect him to join a new team anytime soon
The former Tour de France champ loses his lucrative contract with the world's biggest sportswear company following damning doping allegations
On Saturday, Ohio State University's marching band stunned the crowd with a nine-minute homage to video games — the latest in a string of pop-culture extravaganzas
The Detroit slugger is the first Major League Baseball player in 45 years to lead the league in batting average, home runs, and RBIs. Is he one of the all-time greats?
In a controversial decision, the U.S. Tennis Association sends Taylor Townsend, its brightest (if not most svelte) young star to the sidelines — and the fallout isn't pretty
Fresh off convincing Olympic wins over Djokovic and Federer, the "great hope for British tennis" may have his best shot ever at a major tournament victory
The Wall Street Journal reports that Nike is about to unveil its most expensive pair of shoes ever — drawing protests from a major civil-rights group
The home of the most widely watched tournament in golf admits its first two female members, potentially putting complaints of sexism to rest
In a Texas bowling alley, says Michael J. Mooney, Bill Fong came so close to perfection that it nearly killed him
"Linsanity" is going to the Houston Rockets, and his ardent fans in the Big Apple are howling in protest
Rick Paulas spotlights a few of the 974 ballplayers whose Big League glory lasted just a few hours
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
Subscribe to the Week