Racetracks vowed to clean up their act after a Triple Crown tragedy four years ago. But 3,600 more horses have died thanks to reckless and criminal trainers
The worldwide leader in sports cans the editor responsible for a controversial headline, even as he claims that it was all an "honest mistake"
After leading the Knicks to their seventh straight victory, the 23-year-old, Harvard-educated sensation's name alone is worth $14 million — and counting
Novak Djokovic outlasted Rafael Nadal to win the Australian Open in the longest men's tennis final ever. Here's a stats-based look at the battle
7 teenagers who have braved storms, pirates, and severe loneliness to earn a rare nautical distinction
The aging slugger shocks the baseball world by ditching the Cardinals in favor of a 10-year, $255-million contract with Los Angeles. Did the Angels overpay?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week