opinion briefs on this topic
Racetracks vowed to clean up their act after a Triple Crown tragedy four years ago. But 3,600 more horses have died thanks to reckless and criminal trainers
The worldwide leader in sports cans the editor responsible for a controversial headline, even as he claims that it was all an "honest mistake"
After leading the Knicks to their seventh straight victory, the 23-year-old, Harvard-educated sensation's name alone is worth $14 million — and counting
Novak Djokovic outlasted Rafael Nadal to win the Australian Open in the longest men's tennis final ever. Here's a stats-based look at the battle
7 teenagers who have braved storms, pirates, and severe loneliness to earn a rare nautical distinction
The aging slugger shocks the baseball world by ditching the Cardinals in favor of a 10-year, $255-million contract with Los Angeles. Did the Angels overpay?
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secrets of happy families
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- 13 countries where gay marriage is legal [Updated]
Subscribe to the Week