opinion briefs on this topic
Racetracks vowed to clean up their act after a Triple Crown tragedy four years ago. But 3,600 more horses have died thanks to reckless and criminal trainers
The worldwide leader in sports cans the editor responsible for a controversial headline, even as he claims that it was all an "honest mistake"
After leading the Knicks to their seventh straight victory, the 23-year-old, Harvard-educated sensation's name alone is worth $14 million — and counting
Novak Djokovic outlasted Rafael Nadal to win the Australian Open in the longest men's tennis final ever. Here's a stats-based look at the battle
7 teenagers who have braved storms, pirates, and severe loneliness to earn a rare nautical distinction
The aging slugger shocks the baseball world by ditching the Cardinals in favor of a 10-year, $255-million contract with Los Angeles. Did the Angels overpay?
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week