opinion briefs on this topic
Pro basketball players reject the owners' latest offer, vow to sue the league, and seem to drive a final nail into this season's coffin
Huffing and puffing at mile 22 of Sunday's 26.2-mile race, Mary Martin and Raymond Donaldson exchanged vows — without even breaking stride
Twice, the Texas Rangers were a single strike away from their first World Series title. And twice, they were denied by the never-say-die St. Louis Cardinals
Centenarian Fauja Singh completes the Toronto marathon, but the record keepers say he doesn't have adequate proof of his wise, old age
The two-time Indy500 champion is killed in a massive crash at the IndyCar World Championship, raising new concerns about the sport's safety
Brad Pitt, Ronald Reagan… Big Bird? The Moneyball actor joins a long list of celebrities who have landed the magazine's coveted cover shot
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The end of academic freedom?
- Another Bitcoin exchange bites the dust
- Mitt Romney, 2016 frontrunner*
Subscribe to the Week