opinion briefs on this topic
But at least he can still get behind the wheel of his race car… wait, what?
Despite her startling diagnosis, the legendary coach promises to stick with the Tennessee basketball squad she's led into the history books
Signs posted around the baseball team's ballpark read, "Any children doing the Wave will be sold to the circus" — what's going on here?
Televising the Little League World Series exploits the emotional fragility of the game's pubescent athletes, says Bill Plaschke at The Los Angeles Times
Many sports fans are horrified as pro teams sign up ever-younger child stars
The American squad faltered with a loss in Sunday's final, but their performance also proved just how far women's soccer has come
Team USA dominated soccer's World Cup final, but not enough to beat a resilient Japan. Just how bad was this disappointing loss?
The national squad has made it to the World Cup finals, thanks to Pia Sundhage, Hope Solo, Abby Wambach, and a "never-say-die" attitude
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 works of literature that were exceptionally hard to write
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 13-year-old CEO who invented a cure for hiccups
Subscribe to the Week