opinion briefs on this topic
Critics of Arizona's immigration law think that the biggest names in baseball, a sport in which 30 percent of players are Hispanic, are thwarting an opportunity to take a stand against the controversial legislation
The city of Pyeongchang scores hosting duties for the 2018 Winter Games. Who benefits from that victory, and who gets burned?
One of the greatest pitchers in baseball history is being accused of lying to Congress about his alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs
After failing to win the championship, the basketball star fans love to hate is in for a long summer. Is it time we left LeBron alone?
It started out as an opportunity for some daddy-daughter bonding. But then dad had an opportunity to snag a game ball
Scottie Pippen, Jordan's longtime sidekick on the '90s Chicago Bulls, sets off a firestorm by saying James "may be the greatest player" ever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week