opinion briefs on this topic
Team Obama pushes back hard against Romney's speech on international affairs, calling the Republican's tough talk "erratic, unsteady, and irresponsible"
Obama has made some big international mistakes, but Romney seems incapable of honestly critiquing them
The GOP presidential nominee says President Obama has projected a weak image abroad. But would Romney do things any differently?
The liberal blogosphere latches onto a video showing Mitt Romney putting something flat and white onto his podium before he debates President Obama. A cheat sheet, or just a hanky?
Yes, the consensus is that Romney won the debate. But what if all anyone remembers from that night is that he declared war on Sesame Street?
The GOP nominee finally concedes that he was "just completely wrong" to write off half the country as lazy moochers
The GOP nominee has been tasked with espousing a party platform chock full of fringe social issues that are endangering his bid for the White House
The GOP candidate has reportedly memorized a few bon mots for tonight's big debate, but some doubt whether they'll be as devastating as Team Romney hopes
Despite the media's many premature post mortems, the presidential race is actually still quite close
The GOP nominee who once advocated "self-deportation" suggests that he'd let many young illegal immigrants stay in the country for years
Romney is getting lots of unsolicited advice on how to beat President Obama in the crucial first debate on Wednesday. A look at the most useful tidbits
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week