opinion briefs on this topic
In an alleged caper right out of Mission: Impossible, thieves claim to have stolen Mitt's well-guarded tax secrets — and demand $1 million to not release them
Much of the world cringed as Eastwood berated an invisible Obama at the GOP convention. The Right is celebrating Eastwood's talk-to-the-chair speech as a misunderstood triumph
The GOP learns the hard way that an empty chair, an imaginary President Obama, and an octogenarian Hollywood star may be a recipe for disaster
The former Massachusetts governor accepts the GOP nomination by opening up a bit, laying out his plan a bit, and hitting Obama a lot
Thursday is one of the biggest nights of Mitt's political life — and pundits have been quick to tell him how to maximize his uninterrupted hour in primetime
The Republican Party adopts conservative planks that its presidential nominee disavows, a split that threatens to undercut Romney's message and drag him down
A new poll shows President Obama clobbering his Republican challenger among minorities, leaving the GOP campaign increasingly reliant on an all-white strategy
Tropical Storm Isaac has upset Mitt Romney's much-hyped coronation, and some critics are berating Republicans for setting themselves up for failure
Soon-to-be Hurricane Isaac has already forced Republicans to cancel the first day of their national convention. What else could go wrong — or go right?
The GOP's presidential candidate makes a wisecrack about birth certificates, and President Obama's supporters cry foul
ABC, NBC, and CBS won't be broadcasting the convention's first night, choosing instead to air re-runs of middling cop dramas
Energy independence has been a dream of every president since Richard Nixon, and Romney thinks he's hit upon a solution
It took a site best known for snarky gossip to lift the lid on Romney's investment portfolio, giving us a peek at how Mitt gets those enviably low tax rates
Republicans are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best as a strengthening storm follows a path that could lead to Tampa
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- Today in history: The birth of the federal income tax
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week