In an alleged caper right out of Mission: Impossible, thieves claim to have stolen Mitt's well-guarded tax secrets — and demand $1 million to not release them
Much of the world cringed as Eastwood berated an invisible Obama at the GOP convention. The Right is celebrating Eastwood's talk-to-the-chair speech as a misunderstood triumph
The GOP learns the hard way that an empty chair, an imaginary President Obama, and an octogenarian Hollywood star may be a recipe for disaster
The former Massachusetts governor accepts the GOP nomination by opening up a bit, laying out his plan a bit, and hitting Obama a lot
Thursday is one of the biggest nights of Mitt's political life — and pundits have been quick to tell him how to maximize his uninterrupted hour in primetime
The Republican Party adopts conservative planks that its presidential nominee disavows, a split that threatens to undercut Romney's message and drag him down
A new poll shows President Obama clobbering his Republican challenger among minorities, leaving the GOP campaign increasingly reliant on an all-white strategy
Tropical Storm Isaac has upset Mitt Romney's much-hyped coronation, and some critics are berating Republicans for setting themselves up for failure
Soon-to-be Hurricane Isaac has already forced Republicans to cancel the first day of their national convention. What else could go wrong — or go right?
The GOP's presidential candidate makes a wisecrack about birth certificates, and President Obama's supporters cry foul
ABC, NBC, and CBS won't be broadcasting the convention's first night, choosing instead to air re-runs of middling cop dramas
Energy independence has been a dream of every president since Richard Nixon, and Romney thinks he's hit upon a solution
It took a site best known for snarky gossip to lift the lid on Romney's investment portfolio, giving us a peek at how Mitt gets those enviably low tax rates
Republicans are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best as a strengthening storm follows a path that could lead to Tampa
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week