opinion briefs on this topic
The campaign's irritatingly casual subject lines got under the skin of even his most ardent supporters — but they still raised a whole lot of cash
In a rare display of his emotional side, the president wells up as he expresses gratitude to his young campaign troops the morning after his re-election victory
President Obama has more routes to victory than Mitt Romney. But that doesn't mean he's got an open road to re-election
With mere days remaining before the election, voters will get one last snapshot of the still-recovering economy
In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, some of the president's GOP critics might be accidentally making him look good
The former president is filling in for the current president on the campaign trail while Obama confronts the mess left behind by Hurricane Sandy
Gov. Chris Christie, a Mitt Romney supporter, has nothing but praise for the president's storm response, but the bipartisan glow may fade in Sandy's aftermath
President Obama's campaign puts out an ad with the young HBO star implicitly comparing voting to sex. Obama critics aren't amused
Conservatives, unsurprisingly, aren't very happy about the president's choice of words
Voters head to the polls in less than two weeks. Here, a guide to Obama's endgame
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week