opinion briefs on this topic
The president has his re-election soundtrack all queued up. What can we learn about Obama's 2012 strategy by analyzing his 28 musical picks?
The Right is accusing the president of trampling religious liberty. But Democratic voters may not see it that way
Faced with a potentially massive financial disadvantage, the president reluctantly embraces the same super PACs he once called a "threat to democracy"
Tiny white payment dongles will soon be hitting the campaign trail. Here's what you should know about this election year's potential "game-changer"
Obama raised a "staggering" $250 million in 2011— but did the perception that Obama is on his way to $1 billion dissuade Dems from giving more?
The president tries to find his voice by channeling the progressive politics of an early 20th century GOP president
It's usually Republicans whom voters trust to keep America safe. But this time around, Democrats may have the edge on national security
Expect the president, eager to distract voters from his embarrassing record on the economy, to repeatedly tout his foreign policy successes
The president's campaign and the Democratic Party raise more than expected, but less than they did in the previous quarter
The president questions how the GOP frontrunner can possibly deny human-caused climate change while unusually vast fires plague Perry's state
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
Subscribe to the Week