opinion briefs on this topic
The president lays out his vision for a second term in pamphlet form — but critics say it's muted and not exactly groundbreaking
Asked by Jon Stewart whether his Libya response was "optimal," Obama says "it's not optimal" any time four Americans are killed — and GOPers pounce
Like Ronald Reagan 28 years ago, President Obama is prominently cheering the emerging signs of economic recovery
Mitt Romney seems awfully confident that the swing state is going red
Romney has made big gains with one of Obama's most important voting bloc. But that may change in the wake of Tuesday's debate
President Obama bounced back from his loss to Mitt Romney in the first debate. How did he do it?
Obama embarrassed himself in Round 1. The rematch presents a great opportunity for a comeback
A new USA Today/Gallup poll shows Mitt Romney with a sizable lead. Malarkey, insists the Obama campaign
The candidates will be expected to show that they can empathize with regular voters. That could be a challenge for Mitt Romney
A seemingly generic clip of the president asking for black support has attracted 3.6 million views and counting — because of conservative outrage
The Republican's sudden transformation into "Moderate Mitt" is forcing the Obama campaign to change strategy
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- The last telegram ever is about to be sent
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- Michael Hastings, remembered
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- How immigration reform could save taxpayers nearly $1 trillion
- New Snowden leak: NSA, Britain's GCHQ, eavesdropped on foreign leaders
- What's keeping the Oakland Athletics from moving to San Jose?
- Former employees say Bank of America lied to a lot of homeowners