Obama leaves Charlotte on a high note after a successful Democratic National Convention — but grim economic news could bring him crashing down to Earth
After boffo DNC speeches from Bill Clinton and Michelle Obama, the president's much-hyped address left many viewers feeling rather underwhelmed
The president, no stranger to momentous speeches, is preparing to deliver what might be his most important address yet. What should he say?
The former president shone so bright on Wednesday night that he might unintentionally dim President Obama's headline speech on Thursday
Citing storm warnings, Dems shift the president's acceptance speech from an outdoor stadium to a smaller convention hall. Were organizers worried about filling seats?
"Are you better off than you were four years ago?" seems like a simple question. But for Team Obama, it's clearly terrifying
To promote Kal Penn's upcoming turn as host for Thursday night's DNC livestream, the commander-in-chief places a special call to some super-mellow, pizza-munching pals
Romney wants voters to judge Obama on Reagan's classic "are you better off than you were four years ago?" metric. That's a question Dems may not welcome
The vice president plans to break with tradition and crash the GOP's party with a campaign stop in the city just as the Republican convention opens
Another big month puts the Republican even farther ahead of the president, and some Democrats worry that it's too late for Obama to catch up
Politico's Glenn Thrush is out with a juicy e-book about the discord on a political team once celebrated for its lack of drama
The GOP cranks up the heat on the vice president over a controversial remark, but the Obama campaign says the complaints are just a distraction
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week