opinion briefs on this topic
Birthers are so 2011 — meet the "transcripters," who fervently believe Obama was a lousy student and vow not to rest until you know how he did in school 30 years ago
Republicans are trying to rope President Obama into the increasingly bitter battle over Romney's hidden tax returns — with good reason
New polls show Obama comfortably leading his GOP challenger in Ohio, Florida, and Pennsylvania — even though the economy is still stuck in neutral
One of the president's best frenemies scores a primetime speaking spot at the Democratic National Convention — and may wind up stealing the show
After facing steady attacks over something he said two weeks ago, the president and his fellow Democrats finally mount a counterattack
Recent poll numbers have Obama and Mitt Romney tied, despite an aggressive effort by the Obama campaign to bash the GOP candidate's record at Bain
The Obama campaign is blasting the Republican's tax-reform proposal, even though the president's own advisors have long backed the very same policy
The president passes up a chance to address a friendly crowd of black voters, potentially snubbing a key part of the Democratic base
The president says he will not extend the Bush tax cuts on yearly incomes above $250,000, setting up a fierce election-year debate over taxes
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- The last racial taboo
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
Subscribe to the Week