opinion briefs on this topic
President Obama probably hopes easing up on deporting young immigrants will help him in November. He may not even have to wait that long
It's ridiculous for anyone to expect Obama to run a clean, high-minded campaign, says Frank Rich at New York. That would be positively un-American
Yes, the president won a few news cycles by muscling through a new deportation rule. Too bad it's still June
Many Americans still point fingers at George W. Bush for our economic turmoil, potentially giving Obama a pass on voters' No. 1 issue
The president will give a major speech on the economy Thursday, after weeks of bad campaigning and troubling economic news. But words alone might not be enough
Republicans are gleefully pouncing on a presidential soundbite that is sure to be repeated all the way to Election Day
Usually, it's the classic swing states that tip an election one way or the other. But this year, some key Democratic strongholds are looking equally precarious
As Americans grapple with disastrous unemployment numbers, the Obama campaign releases a video starring blatantly elitist Vogue editor Anna Wintour
Almost 90 percent of the people who contributed at least $200 to Obama's historic 2008 campaign have yet to re-up this cycle. What gives?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week