opinion briefs on this topic
The New York Times' Paul Krugman rips the GOP over their gripe that labeling Ryan's Medicare proposal a voucher plan is unfair demagoguery. Well, is it?
Democrats hope the moderate Republican's words will help them paint Paul Ryan's Medicare voucher plan as heartless
Everyone expected Republicans' Medicare-slashing plan to be unpopular with senior citizens. But a recent poll suggests it's not that simple
A new poll finds that 80 percent of the country doesn't want to cut Medicare or Medicaid, including 7 in 10 Republicans. Does this spell doom for Paul Ryan's plan?
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why we need a maximum wage
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week