opinion briefs on this topic
The New York Times' Paul Krugman rips the GOP over their gripe that labeling Ryan's Medicare proposal a voucher plan is unfair demagoguery. Well, is it?
Democrats hope the moderate Republican's words will help them paint Paul Ryan's Medicare voucher plan as heartless
Everyone expected Republicans' Medicare-slashing plan to be unpopular with senior citizens. But a recent poll suggests it's not that simple
A new poll finds that 80 percent of the country doesn't want to cut Medicare or Medicaid, including 7 in 10 Republicans. Does this spell doom for Paul Ryan's plan?
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- 10 things you need to know today: December 7, 2013
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- The hotel of enlightenment
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week