opinion briefs on this topic
The New York Times' Paul Krugman rips the GOP over their gripe that labeling Ryan's Medicare proposal a voucher plan is unfair demagoguery. Well, is it?
Democrats hope the moderate Republican's words will help them paint Paul Ryan's Medicare voucher plan as heartless
Everyone expected Republicans' Medicare-slashing plan to be unpopular with senior citizens. But a recent poll suggests it's not that simple
A new poll finds that 80 percent of the country doesn't want to cut Medicare or Medicaid, including 7 in 10 Republicans. Does this spell doom for Paul Ryan's plan?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week