The rare temblor that rattled Virginia on Tuesday had geologists dusting off their history books — while Californians snickered
In the first six months of 2011, the damage caused by natural catastrophes is a whopping $265 billion — surpassing the previous yearly record
Fire crews are fighting off approaching flames in an effort to protect one of the nation's preeminent nuclear labs
The second largest wildfire in Arizona's history is raging through the state, and crews only have 5 percent of it contained
The residents of Joplin, Mo. endured a devastating tornado this week, and, as these pictures show, they're not the only survivors of Mother Nature's wrath
A YouTube user huddled in a gas station keeps his camera rolling while a monster tornado rips through Joplin, Mo.
Tornadoes, which took an especially high toll on the American heartland this year, are still impossible to predict
Rising waters and thousands of flooded homes in the South are drawing comparisons to the Great Flood of 1927
A powerful twister rips through Tuscaloosa, Ala., killing dozens of people and uprooting hundreds of buildings
A riveting clip shows a monster storm ripping through the city's airport
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
Subscribe to the Week