The rare temblor that rattled Virginia on Tuesday had geologists dusting off their history books — while Californians snickered
In the first six months of 2011, the damage caused by natural catastrophes is a whopping $265 billion — surpassing the previous yearly record
Fire crews are fighting off approaching flames in an effort to protect one of the nation's preeminent nuclear labs
The second largest wildfire in Arizona's history is raging through the state, and crews only have 5 percent of it contained
The residents of Joplin, Mo. endured a devastating tornado this week, and, as these pictures show, they're not the only survivors of Mother Nature's wrath
A YouTube user huddled in a gas station keeps his camera rolling while a monster tornado rips through Joplin, Mo.
Tornadoes, which took an especially high toll on the American heartland this year, are still impossible to predict
Rising waters and thousands of flooded homes in the South are drawing comparisons to the Great Flood of 1927
A powerful twister rips through Tuscaloosa, Ala., killing dozens of people and uprooting hundreds of buildings
A riveting clip shows a monster storm ripping through the city's airport
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week