The rare temblor that rattled Virginia on Tuesday had geologists dusting off their history books — while Californians snickered
In the first six months of 2011, the damage caused by natural catastrophes is a whopping $265 billion — surpassing the previous yearly record
Fire crews are fighting off approaching flames in an effort to protect one of the nation's preeminent nuclear labs
The second largest wildfire in Arizona's history is raging through the state, and crews only have 5 percent of it contained
The residents of Joplin, Mo. endured a devastating tornado this week, and, as these pictures show, they're not the only survivors of Mother Nature's wrath
A YouTube user huddled in a gas station keeps his camera rolling while a monster tornado rips through Joplin, Mo.
Tornadoes, which took an especially high toll on the American heartland this year, are still impossible to predict
Rising waters and thousands of flooded homes in the South are drawing comparisons to the Great Flood of 1927
A powerful twister rips through Tuscaloosa, Ala., killing dozens of people and uprooting hundreds of buildings
A riveting clip shows a monster storm ripping through the city's airport
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- How to develop a photographic memory in 4 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week