opinion briefs on this topic
One of the prosecutors on the losing side of the 1995 murder trial claims that the late attorney illegally fussed with evidence to help seal Simpson's acquittal
A federal judge says yes, arguing that denying an inmate prescribed therapy for severe gender-identity disorder amounts to cruel and unusual punishment
With only 23 pardons to his name, President Obama is on track to free fewer prisoners than almost every other president in American history
Crime is supposed to spike when times get tough, so why are most crime statistics at low levels not seen since before the days of color TV?
In Norway's Halden prison, murderers, rapists, and pedophiles live in relative luxury, and the results are impressive. Would the U.S. ever pamper inmates this way?
A notorious serial killer with a taste for cryptograms haunted San Francisco in the '60s. And after decades of mystery, an ex-cop says he has solved the case
A Columbia law professor and his team compile a massive, super-detailed dossier alleging that Texas sent the wrong Carlos to his death two decades ago
Investigators in New York City are searching a basement that might contain the remains of a 6-year-old boy who disappeared in 1979
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- The culture war is over, and conservatives lost
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- WATCH: 41 historic demises
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- The FBI has purposefully — and, it says, justifiably — shot 150 Americans since 1993
- The world is way, way bigger than you
- Has Snowden crossed a red line?
- Washington has an Edward Snowden problem
- This is what 213 severed bear paws looks like