After being arrested in a drugs-for-sex sting, a once-revered Colorado lawman ends up in a detention center bearing his name
An ex-detective testifies that he and his colleagues frequently fabricated drug cases to meet arrest quotas
Just in time for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Kansas' capital city is on the verge of decriminalizing domestic battery as part of a budget standoff
A predictive computer program is piling up an impressive track record of preventing burglaries in California
After serving 18 years in prison for allegedly killing three Boy Scouts, three Arkansas men are unexpectedly granted freedom Friday during a surprise hearing
The recession was expected to cause a spike in robbery and murder, but the FBI says violent crimes actually dropped last year. Why the decline?
The Supreme Court orders the Golden State to free inmates from its overcrowded prisons. Justice Scalia dissents, warning that "terrible things are sure to happen." Is he right?
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week