After being arrested in a drugs-for-sex sting, a once-revered Colorado lawman ends up in a detention center bearing his name
An ex-detective testifies that he and his colleagues frequently fabricated drug cases to meet arrest quotas
Just in time for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Kansas' capital city is on the verge of decriminalizing domestic battery as part of a budget standoff
A predictive computer program is piling up an impressive track record of preventing burglaries in California
After serving 18 years in prison for allegedly killing three Boy Scouts, three Arkansas men are unexpectedly granted freedom Friday during a surprise hearing
The recession was expected to cause a spike in robbery and murder, but the FBI says violent crimes actually dropped last year. Why the decline?
The Supreme Court orders the Golden State to free inmates from its overcrowded prisons. Justice Scalia dissents, warning that "terrible things are sure to happen." Is he right?
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week