After being arrested in a drugs-for-sex sting, a once-revered Colorado lawman ends up in a detention center bearing his name
An ex-detective testifies that he and his colleagues frequently fabricated drug cases to meet arrest quotas
Just in time for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Kansas' capital city is on the verge of decriminalizing domestic battery as part of a budget standoff
A predictive computer program is piling up an impressive track record of preventing burglaries in California
After serving 18 years in prison for allegedly killing three Boy Scouts, three Arkansas men are unexpectedly granted freedom Friday during a surprise hearing
The recession was expected to cause a spike in robbery and murder, but the FBI says violent crimes actually dropped last year. Why the decline?
The Supreme Court orders the Golden State to free inmates from its overcrowded prisons. Justice Scalia dissents, warning that "terrible things are sure to happen." Is he right?
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week