After being arrested in a drugs-for-sex sting, a once-revered Colorado lawman ends up in a detention center bearing his name
An ex-detective testifies that he and his colleagues frequently fabricated drug cases to meet arrest quotas
Just in time for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Kansas' capital city is on the verge of decriminalizing domestic battery as part of a budget standoff
A predictive computer program is piling up an impressive track record of preventing burglaries in California
After serving 18 years in prison for allegedly killing three Boy Scouts, three Arkansas men are unexpectedly granted freedom Friday during a surprise hearing
The recession was expected to cause a spike in robbery and murder, but the FBI says violent crimes actually dropped last year. Why the decline?
The Supreme Court orders the Golden State to free inmates from its overcrowded prisons. Justice Scalia dissents, warning that "terrible things are sure to happen." Is he right?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week