After being arrested in a drugs-for-sex sting, a once-revered Colorado lawman ends up in a detention center bearing his name
An ex-detective testifies that he and his colleagues frequently fabricated drug cases to meet arrest quotas
Just in time for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Kansas' capital city is on the verge of decriminalizing domestic battery as part of a budget standoff
A predictive computer program is piling up an impressive track record of preventing burglaries in California
After serving 18 years in prison for allegedly killing three Boy Scouts, three Arkansas men are unexpectedly granted freedom Friday during a surprise hearing
The recession was expected to cause a spike in robbery and murder, but the FBI says violent crimes actually dropped last year. Why the decline?
The Supreme Court orders the Golden State to free inmates from its overcrowded prisons. Justice Scalia dissents, warning that "terrible things are sure to happen." Is he right?
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- President Obama's abysmal, legacy-killing response to the CIA torture report
Subscribe to the Week