Missouri is providing judges with figures on the relative costs of prison, probation, and other forms of punishment. Budget-minded or foolhardy?
Violent crime dropped by over 5 percent in 2009, says the F.B.I, even though far more people were out of work. What gives?
Ronnie Lee Gardner, a convicted murderer from Utah, last night became only the third man to be shot to death by the state since 1976. Here's a quick guide to this now-rare execution method
Florida has adopted forecasting software, produced by IBM, to target high-risk youths. Is this the beginning of a "Minority Report" future?
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
Subscribe to the Week