Missouri is providing judges with figures on the relative costs of prison, probation, and other forms of punishment. Budget-minded or foolhardy?
Violent crime dropped by over 5 percent in 2009, says the F.B.I, even though far more people were out of work. What gives?
Ronnie Lee Gardner, a convicted murderer from Utah, last night became only the third man to be shot to death by the state since 1976. Here's a quick guide to this now-rare execution method
Florida has adopted forecasting software, produced by IBM, to target high-risk youths. Is this the beginning of a "Minority Report" future?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
Subscribe to the Week