opinion briefs on this topic
The libertarian congressman was a long shot to win the presidency, but throughout his long career he has succeeded in shaping the modern Republican Party
The GOP's dark horse libertarian hits pay dirt in Maine and Nevada, racking up convention delegates despite Mitt Romney's apparent lock on the party's nomination
Few think Paul will be the nominee. But an increasing number of people think he'll play a huge role in the GOP fight — and in the general election
Team Romney is "thrilled" that the polarizing libertarian has emerged as Mitt's toughest competition — but Paul could be a bigger threat than they realize
The undisputed GOP frontrunner and Texas libertarian both claim to have triumphed in the Granite State primary. Who won the war of the victory speeches?
Santorum is an unrepentant Bush-era interventionist. Paul is a fierce critic of U.S. interference abroad. And the GOP can't decide who's right
Mere days before the Minnesotan tries to make a splash in the Iowa caucuses, prominent backer Kent Sorenson dramatically dumps her for Ron Paul
After being hounded about his role in publishing controversial missives in the '80s and '90s, the GOP hopeful grows increasingly agitated and storms off camera
The libertarian gadfly has a good shot at winning the first contest of the GOP primary season. That may be good news for Mitt Romney... and President Obama
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Obama's next steps on immigration
Subscribe to the Week