The iconic youth organization is seriously contemplating a huge about-face in its policy on gay scouts and troop leaders. Why now?
Charlie Rogers told Nebraska police that three men stripped her naked and carved anti-gay slurs into her body. But the cops say she's lying — and arrested her
The recently departed astronaut was the first American woman in space — but her obituary reveals that she was its first known gay one as well
The fast-food chain's leader takes a stand for the "biblical definition" of marriage, and is rewarded with boycott threats
Rising R&B star Frank Ocean isn't nearly as well known as CNN's Silver Fox, but his self-outing could touch more lives
An Australian Salvation Army major outrages gay-rights supporters — again — by agreeing that the bell-ringing-Santa charity thinks gays deserve to die
People around the world participated in LGBT pride parades in June. Here are some of the most remarkable visual highlights
The Golden State is well on its way to prohibiting the foisting of straight-to-gay "therapy" on kids 18 and younger
Forget shocking magazine covers and nationally televised interviews. These days, gay celebrities disclose their sexuality far more casually and matter-of-factly
X-Men mutant Northstar became the first openly gay superhero in 1992. Now, DC Comics will out one of its 'major iconic characters.' (Is it you, Aquaman?)
After being convicted of a "bias crime" for spying on his gay roommate Clementi, who committed suicide in 2010, Ravi is sentenced to only 30 days in prison
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week