Republicans use "ObamaCare" as shorthand for everything people don't like about the president's health care overhaul. Can Obama turn that around?
To save Medicare — and rein in our national debt — we must transform the entitlement program into a defined-contribution system
A majority of Americans believe the fate of the law will come down to the personal beliefs of Anthony Kennedy and Co., not just the legal arguments
The fate of Obama's biggest domestic achievement is in the court's hands — and its supporters are bracing for the possibility of defeat
The White House is once again talking up the benefits of President Obama's health-care overhaul, and Republicans are licking their chops
The nation's highest court is about to judge the president's signature legislative achievement — and it's not just politicians who are invested in the outcome
In Washington's latest culture war battle, the Senate scraps a GOP attempt to let employers ignore birth-control coverage mandates they disagree with
No one elected Barack Obama to be pope. So why on earth is he forcing Catholics to violate their religious doctrines?
The president tries to appease Catholic leaders by revising a controversial birth-control mandate — and may have won over independent voters in the process
The president offers an olive branch on his new contraception law — but Catholic bishops aren't exactly thrilled by his overture
The president desperately needs to woo Catholic voters in key swing states. So why on Earth is he picking a culture-war fight with them?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Puppies take the plunge
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week