opinion briefs on this topic
The feds plan to force drug makers to tell the public about the perks they offer health-care providers. What will it mean for patients?
President Obama's health-care bill requires that every American have health insurance. Is that constitutional?
C-SPAN wants the court to break precedent and let Americans see 2012's historic court drama for themselves. Will the justices object?
The president's signature legislative achievement heads to the Supreme Court, and the Left and Right both accuse justices of conflicts of interest
The Roberts Court will rule on a complex, politically explosive issue in the middle of a heated presidential campaign. Here's what all the fuss is about
The nation's highest court will weigh the constitutionality of the president's signature achievement — and the 2012 election could hang in the balance
A D.C. appellate court upholds a key provision of President Obama's health care reform law. Is Supreme Court support now inevitable?
The Justice Department passes on the chance to delay a high-stakes showdown — instead pushing for a swift decision in the middle of the campaign season
Thanks to a 9 percent jump in health-care premiums, insuring a family for a year now costs as much as a new Ford Fiesta. What's going on?
New data suggests that the Affordable Care Act greatly reduced the number of uninsured Americans — but don't expect the Right to embrace "ObamaCare" anytime soon
A new study suggests that doctors' six-figure salaries are the true culprit behind sky-high health care costs. Time to get out the pitchforks?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
- The odds are 11 million to 1 that you'll die in a plane crash
Subscribe to the Week