opinion briefs on this topic
That's the GOP's story, and they're sticking to it. Do Republicans have a persuasive case?
A congressional agency says the GOP proposal to scrap the Affordable Care Act would add to the deficit. So are Republicans being hypocritical by pushing for repeal?
While some commentators see House Republicans' plan to push through a repeal of "ObamaCare" as smart politics, others call it delusional
A federal judge in Virginia says a key part of Obama's health care reform is unconstitutional. So why aren't reformers more upset?
The fast-food giant warns it might have to drop limited insurance plans for hourly workers. Does this point to a fatal flaw in the reform law?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week