With 9 million viewers, New Girl is considered a success — but not long ago, those numbers would have got it cancelled. A guide to the ratings-standard shift
The pilot for the Fox drama — rumored to be the costliest in TV history — boasts CGI dinosaurs, Steven Spielberg, and more buzz than any other new series
Not only did an astounding 28 million viewers tune in for Ashton Kutcher's debut on the CBS sitcom, but Comedy Central's roast of Sheen was its highest-rated ever
Kat Dennings' acid-tongued waitress and Beth Behrs' Manhattan princess may be the next great female comedy duo — if their new writers rise to the occasion
The actor sheds his clothes — repeatedly — in an attempt to win laughs in his first go as Charlie Sheen's replacement on the hit CBS sitcom
Forget accusations that NBC's new drama may be too steamy for TV. According to some critics, its real offense is being plain old "dismal"
The former Buffy the Vampire Slayer star tackles the roles of identical twins — a socialite and a stripper — in The CW's melodramatic new nighttime soap
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week