opinion briefs on this topic
Writer Phil Bronstein left a few things out of his profile about the heroic, "screwed" former Navy SEAL
When it comes to the war on terror, most Americans rather conveniently employ an out-of-sight, out-mind attitude
One of the deadliest snipers in America was reportedly shot dead by a troubled ex-Marine he was trying to help
This tiny silicon sensor disappears when you add just a few drops of liquid
Liberals pounce after the editor-in-chief of The Daily Caller fires off some rather puzzling tweets
However unfair, however much it pains us to admit it, in some areas, men and women are simply not equal
You'd think the military would want uniform patterns that keep its members safe. And yet somehow, "distinctiveness" has trumped safety
President Obama's nominee has voiced support for cutting the defense budget
"If you put it in a James Bond movie it would be viewed as fantasy," says filmmaker Ray Waru. "But it was a real thing."
One day, humans may be confronted with technology that allows robot armies to kill without the green light of human operators
A new follow-up study shows long-lasting improvement for soldiers given MDMA during psychotherapy
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week