opinion briefs on this topic
It was the 99 percent's largest show of force since last fall, but the group is still struggling to recapture the national spotlight
The group says it could run out of money by the end of the month — potentially spelling the end of the Occupy movement
The anti-corporate movement may be out of the headlines, but it's keeping itself busy
Anonymous and Team Poison are planning to steal from rich banks and give the proceeds to the 99 percent
New footage hints that the students who were controversially doused by police may have actually been willing participants
An image of a paunchy cop casually pepper-spraying protesters is being photoshopped into everything from Manet paintings to Beatles album covers
The controversial crowd-control weapon is dozens of times hotter than a jalapeno, and can cause temporary blindness for up to 30 minutes
Forget tear gas and mace. The cops' LRAD sound cannon is really making some noise
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week