Pakistanis are united in condemning a brazen attack on a 14-year-old girl, but it's an open question whether this anger will translate into real change
The country's Supreme Court kicks out Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, rattling an already shaky U.S. ally. What's next?
With Afghanistan in turmoil, the U.S. could use an assist from its prickly South Asian ally. Will Pakistan come through?
The al Qaeda leader's former hideout is now a pile of rubble. What did Pakistan gain by knocking it down?
What a ban on "vulgar" music says about a nation's evolving culture wars and its relationship to the West
An aerial assault on Pakistani military outposts outrages our mercurial ally and sparks a diplomatic crisis. Can the U.S.-Pakistan friendship survive?
U.S. intelligence officials believe their counterparts in Islamabad let China study the classified American helicopter lost in the bin Laden raid. Now what?
Islamabad and D.C. were already at odds, and now, Pakistan's detention of informants who fed America intel on bin Laden will likely make things worse
The circumstances surrounding bin Laden's death have increased tensions between Washington and Islamabad. What's next for this troubled diplomatic partnership?
Our South Asian ally is right to demand that the U.S. immediately halt drone strikes within Pakistan's borders
Pakistan gives the U.S. an ultimatum: Get the CIA out of the country and curb your al Qaeda-targeting drone attacks... or else
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week