Russia's infamously rugged, often bare-chested president tries to help save some endangered Siberian cranes. This is funny?
The verdict is in: Pussy Riot will face 19 more months in prison on charges of "hooliganism" for storming a church in Moscow and protesting Putin's rule
Three young women could face years in jail for their political protest, and the trial has turned the musicians into the face of dissent in authoritarian Russia
Russia's strong-willed leader is back for a third term as president. And as long as Mitt Romney cools the "number one geopolitical foe" talk, we'll be just fine
Putin returns to his old job as protests simmer and critics warn of trouble ahead. Here, a guide to why things don't look good for Russia
The former KGB agent is elected to his third term as Russia's president. But do Russians really respect him?
The newly re-elected autocrat is still provoking protests. But thanks to his success steering Russia's economy, many view their heavy-handed leader as a savior
Vladimir Putin's victory in Russia's Sunday election is considered a foregone conclusion. But can he survive what comes next?
Kremlin critics are skeptical of the claim that Chechen bombers planned to blow up Vladimir Putin — who is hoping to reclaim Russia's presidency next week
Though the resilient Russian leader is still a near-lock to win back the presidency next month, anti-Putin protests are growing
The third richest man in Russia — and owner of the New Jersey Nets — vows to run against Vladimir Putin in 2012. Does Prokhorov stand a chance?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week