opinion briefs on this topic
With its exploration of terrorism and class warfare, the conclusion to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy appears to channel 2012's headlines
A team of British physicists does the math on the masked avenger's use of a hang-gliding cape, and the results aren't pretty
Batman kills? Batman dies? Film commentators are jumping to conclusions about the upcoming film based on their first listen to Hans Zimmer's brooding soundtrack
The internet's buzzing over a new teaser that features behind-the-scenes footage, cast interviews, and an intimate look into director Christopher Nolan's vision
The endlessly hyped conclusion to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy opens in just a few weeks, and opportunistic scalpers are seizing on the excitement
Fans unlock the stunning new trailer for Christopher Nolan's upcoming blockbuster one frame at a time by spotting strategically-placed graffiti all over the world
The upcoming summer blockbuster escapes an R rating, but fans should still brace themselves for envelope-pushing violence and... sensuality?
Catwoman channels the 99 percent in an official preview clip that has critics buzzing with glee
Critics praise the film's stuntwork and raise concerns over some seriously unintelligible dialogue after screening the prologue for this summer's new Batman sequel
After an earlier photo from the upcoming The Dark Knight Rises was met with a collective yawn, a new, more complete picture has some critics purring
A first look at the Oscar-nominated actress in costume as the iconic sex symbol has the blogosphere purring
Fans are tirelessly dissecting the first official teaser for Christopher Nolan's third Batman film for clues to the movie's closely-guarded plot
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
Subscribe to the Week