Goodbye, consensus. Hello, violence
The ousted despot gets a retrial — disappointing people across all walks of Egyptian life
Islamist President Mohamed Morsi succeeded in getting his new constitution passed by popular vote. But will the secular opposition back down?
Secularists, liberals, and Mubarak-era re-treads are joining forces against Morsi and his fellow Islamists. Do they stand a chance?
Egypt's president gives up newly declared powers to pacify his liberal-secular opponents, but it may not be enough
An escalating conflict is threatening to turn a nasty parliamentary debate into something more akin to a civil war
The country's courts shut down, intensifying their power struggle against President Mohamed Morsi and his Islamist allies
Just as they did in 2011, angry Egyptians are taking to the streets. And the whole scene is looking very familiar
Egypt's secularists, unable to counter the Muslim Brotherhood's impressively powerful political machine, are turning increasingly violent
Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood president just gave himself potentially dictatorial powers, prompting fears that history might be repeating itself
Egypt's Islamist civilian president forces out the armed forces' top brass. Has he won the power struggle that followed the fall of Hosni Mubarak?
The secretary of State faced protests and insulting taunts on the street during her weekend trip to Egypt. Here, 3 theories on the real message behind the jeers
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week